Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hello from the Cotswolds

mechanoid

Hi all. Another coming across from from the Shed after the sad news about Dion.  Thanks to Carole for the link, otherwise I might have drifted away.

I'm mainly an astrophotographer, and am lucky enough to have my own observatory.  My earliest photo was of the moon, taken with the school telescope using a homemade camera and 6 inch glass plates !  How things have changed ...  I have my own workshop with machine tools and a 3D printer, and enjoy making parts for my hobby, such as a dome drive mechanism, custom lens / camera mountings and Bahtinov masks. Being retired means longer to recover from those late night observing sessions.

Telescopes - Skywatcher 200mm f4 Newtonian, Samyang 135mm f2.8 lens

Cameras - Atik One 6.0 mono and QHY10 OSC

Mount - Vixen GPDX and Skysensor 2000PC controller

Guidance - Skywatcher ST80, Lodestar x2 and PHD2

I look forward to sharing all things astro with you.

• Like 1

Welcome to BYA, nice and friendly here.

Hope you enjoy it and keeps the Shedders together.

Carole 

Welcome aboard to another Shed member.

i too was led here by Carole. She seems to be doing a good impression of ‘the pied piper’🙂

Welcome to the forum, there's more of us that do a bit of enginerding here as well.