June 2021 - Anybody playing tonight

4 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Evening All, I am grabbing some more on Coddington's whilst we don't have any moon.

I just hope that Linear fit will sort the exposures out accounting for little darkness.

Nights like this make it all worth while though: -

image.thumb.png.a4be3aebe8771cebf7ad862030443fad.png

Evening John,👍

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I need to call the topic "Anybody playing today" as I set up the solar rig and just did some white light solar and captured AR2827. Rig is William Optics ZS73 with the Altair Astro Hershel

Just finished my first hour of Ha data on the Cave nebula. Guiding is quite good, between 0.6 and 0.7.    

And here is a closeup view of AR2827 with ROI set at 800x600 I forgot to say the camera is the ZWO ASI183MM with a Baader Solar Continuum filter in place.  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Hi John, can't wait to see what you have on Coddingtons, came across it a while ago and would love to image it but I think I'd need a bigger scope.

Cheers Mark, the images I have seen of it done properly are beautiful, I have about 11 hours on it so far and TBT I plan to keep going until I feel I can do it justice.

2 minutes ago, Bob-c said:

Hi John, i am well mate but my software is not behaving tonight... for some reason only the gremlins know. 

Good to hear Bob, anything we can help you with on the software front?

3 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Cheers Mark, the images I have seen of it done properly are beautiful, I have about 11 hours on it so far and TBT I plan to keep going until I feel I can do it justice.

Good to hear Bob, anything we can help you with on the software front?

Think i have it sorted thanks John  🤞

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Damo127 said:

I'm on it tonight. First ever attempt at AP. Not setting up till about 9. I'm going after M81 as i've darker sky and views north/west. Wish me luck!

Good luck !

• Like 1

Just thought I''d post this plot to see if anyone has any idea's what's going on. To me it looks like the initial calibration goes fairly well but then when it goes back to fine tune the plot it's like the focuser doesn't move properly. 

Any thoughts???

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-13 at 03.00.22.jpeg

14 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Just thought I''d post this plot to see if anyone has any idea's what's going on. To me it looks like the initial calibration goes fairly well but then when it goes back to fine tune the plot it's like the focuser doesn't move properly. 

Any thoughts???

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-13 at 03.00.22.jpeg

Mark are you sure that you adapter is locked really tight on to the motor as I have had problems with it slipping, also something else that I was advised, add soem backlash compensation into the equation as that massively improved my V-Curve.

5 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Mark are you sure that you adapter is locked really tight on to the motor as I have had problems with it slipping, also something else that I was advised, add soem backlash compensation into the equation as that massively improved my V-Curve.

I'll check everything again later but I'm sure all is tightened up and I think I have enough backlash compensation, I'll try doubling it tonight to see if there's any difference.