Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Vintage Broadhurst & Clarkson

MarkAR

I am now the proud owner of an old B&C 3" Starboy. Unfortunately it was the scope only, all the other parts have been lost over the years.

It's looking slightly sorry but optics were cleaned up a bit and look good, can't get the lens cell out to clean the inside though. There's a little dent but being at the focuser end is nothing to worry about and overall I'm pleased with it and really just couldn't say no at £30.

IMG_1466 2.JPG

IMG_1467 2.JPG

IMG_1468 2.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

• Like 1

That’s a nice looking item! What surprises me is that the outside is nicely “used” and shows it’s age and yet the lens looks remarkably clean.

4 hours ago, MarkAR said:

I am now the proud owner of an old B&C 3" Starboy. Unfortunately it was the scope only, all the other parts have been lost over the years.

It's looking slightly sorry but optics were cleaned up a bit and look good, can't get the lens cell out to clean the inside though. There's a little dent but being at the focuser end is nothing to worry about and overall I'm pleased with it and really just couldn't say no at £30.

Great find. I think I would be tempted to remove all the damage outer coating, then get to work with the Brasso.

Edited by AstronomyUkraine
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Great find. I think I would be tempted to remove all the damage outer coating, then get to work with the Brasso.

Tempting idea but I hate polishing brass. 😂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...