Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Autofocus in APT

AstronomyUkraine

APT have finally got an autofocus routine in their lineup. I haven't read much about it, but I did find a video uploaded by James Lamb.

I'm interested in trying this out. I believe it's been developed to match the autofocus routine in NINA. It will make a big difference for APT if it works well!

3 minutes ago, Padraic M said:

I'm interested in trying this out. I believe it's been developed to match the autofocus routine in NINA. It will make a big difference for APT if it works well!

I used APT for quite a while, it's a good piece of software. Now it's including an autofocus routine I might take another look at it. I use SGP at the moment, and I can't say it let me down much. I have a RPi also setup, but I'm holding back with that as a few subscribers were having some difficulties with it.

• Like 1

Being a Mac user most of his videos don't really apply but I watch them anyway because he's really informative and explains things well.