August 2021 - Anyone playing tonight

Jkulin

Been playing with my new DSD AF3 autofocuser for the RedCat. Took about 10 minutes to install it. Then I got it working in EKOS with no problems at all. Initial indications seem to show zero backlash but not had the dial gauge on it yet. A mighty fine piece of kit, well made and considering some parts are 3D printed it doesn’t feel plasticky even though parts of it are.

Very impressed and will do a dedicated thread to it soon - photos and all - otherwise it didn’t happen LOL.

Looks to be a good weekend for me. Both Saturday and Sunday are forecast clear for the whole night. Wundermap, Ventusky, Meteoblue and the CO app all say the same. On the other hand the CO website says I have cloud tonight and tomorrow. So does the CO app and the CO website not work in conjunction with each other?

20 minutes ago, Carastro said:

What's CTB1?

It's a supernova remnant in Cassiopeia. I imaged it last year with my 80 ED, but wasn't happy with it. Going to try it with my Esprit 120 this year. It's not an easy target, very faint in OIII, but the Ha and SII are quite strong.

SHO_Final.thumb.jpg.e1e39312922872ad057dac7eceab54c3.jpg

Edited by AstronomyUkraine
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After a week of cloudy nights I've managed to get out tonight and am trying for the Elephant's Trunk Nebula. Managing my best ever guiding figures since starting to use the ASIAIR PRO so that's a positive.

Just great to be outside again!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sterrenland said:

After a week of cloudy nights I've managed to get out tonight and am trying for the Elephant's Trunk Nebula. Managing my best ever guiding figures since starting to use the ASIAIR PRO so that's a positive.

Just great to be outside again!

Guiding can be a pain in the rear at times. Especially annoying when the seeing fluctuates during the night.

• Like 1

I haven't done any imaging since the 14th June as I still have masses to process, but thought I'd have a bash this evening at M27, this was a 1200s single sub of Ha, didn't realise just how bright this is.

Can't say that my heart is really in it this evening as it is 5 weeks since Deborah passed, but it has kept me busy and my mind off things: -

image.thumb.png.0870b55db93ec7afbadea9510b652d66.png

• Like 5

Nice to see you out there again John.  

I got an unexpected clear night until about 3am last night, and if the forecast remains should get a 2nd night tonight.  Managed to get 4 hours luminance @ 450secs (if I do anything longer than that it blows out the sensor from SE London).

Pushing my luck as it's a faint target but thought I'd give it go.  Doing the Gecko nebula.

Carole 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Carole, it clouded over at about 01:00 so an early night.

Just had to look up the Gecko, that looks interesting a very faint, looking forward to see that in the future😎

• Like 1

Already set up, just waiting for it to go dark then I can align the scope. I'm on a good run here, been out every night for the last couple of weeks, making the most of it while I can. Will be adding to my OIII data on the Little Rosette nebula, should finish that tomorrow, then on to SII. The forecast is good until Tuesday, so hopefully will get this target finished by then.

Edited by AstronomyUkraine

• TerryMcK unpinned and locked this topic