August 2021 - Anyone playing tonight

Jkulin

4 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Guiding looks good.

Yes I'm pretty pleased with the AVX to be honest.  It has a few wobbles now and again but most of the time it stays around 0.7 which isn't bad considering it is a bit overloaded carrying my 200P 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by PeterBolt
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PeterBolt said:

Yes I'm pretty pleased with the AVX to be honest.  It has a few wobbles now and again but most of the time it stays around 0.7 which isn't bad considering it is a bit overloaded carrying my 200P 🤞🤞🤞

Guiding is a little hit and miss here. The seeing is not great, and the guiding is fluctuating between 0.6 and 0.8.

16 minutes ago, PeterBolt said:

Not ideal conditions last night but I got something...and I am much happier with my star shape. 

It's looking clear again tomorrow night so I think I will try and get some more data.

Fireworks_WIP.jpg

It looks good Peter. Round stars corner to corner with no coma. 

4 hours ago, PeterBolt said:

Not ideal conditions last night but I got something...and I am much happier with my star shape. 

It's looking clear again tomorrow night so I think I will try and get some more data.

Fireworks_WIP.jpg

Looking good, it's not the easiest galaxy in the world to image, especially with a full moon. Your stars are nice and round, and focus is spot on.

2 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Looking good, it's not the easiest galaxy in the world to image, especially with a full moon. Your stars are nice and round, and focus is spot on.

Thanks 😀 I am trying again tonight but I think there must be a bit of high cloud around? I seem to have a lot of skyglow and can't see the galaxy in the subs...will I be able to pull it out of the data or am I wasting my time?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeterBolt said:

Thanks 😀 I am trying again tonight but I think there must be a bit of high cloud around? I seem to have a lot of skyglow and can't see the galaxy in the subs...will I be able to pull it out of the data or am I wasting my time?

I wouldn't waste a clear night, even if there is a touch of high cloud. The moon is full so that will affect the skyglow considerably. The data will be in there, so you should be able to pull something out, even if the contrast isn't as good as last nights data.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

I wouldn't waste a clear night, even if there is a touch of high cloud. The moon is full so that will affect the skyglow considerably. The data will be in there, so you should be able to pull something out, even if the contrast isn't as good as last nights data.

Ok thank you that's good to know. I will keep going as long as I can.

I’ve packed up but managed to work out the correct rotation for the camera to get most of the Veil in the FOV of the RedCat. The ASI183 of course shows more of a “zoomed” in view of everything. So my old 1600 would have been more well suited for a wider FOV than the 183 but, according to various online calculators, the 1600 would be under sampling on the RedCat 51. Whether that is true or not I would leave for the very knowledgeable person whom goes under the handle of “Vlaiv” on another forum to write reams and reams of technical whatnot, that goes right over my head, to explain.

• Like 1

At last! A clear sky. Pity about the moon! But my first night out since mid April  so I'll just have to try to deal with that. Took me a bit longer to set up as I'm a bit rusty but all going well just now. Western Veil with the L-enhance so we shall see. Guiding is guite nice at around o.6" total. Meridian flip coming up in 15 mins or so. Going to babysit it through that since itse been so long since I set up. Then off to bed and let it run.

• Like 2

• TerryMcK unpinned and locked this topic