September 2021 - Anyone playing tonight?

TerryMcK

Clear at the mo, but it's been unstable for most of the evening, and I've had no end of borks with the telescope. Trying a 2 hour run on Fleming's Triangle in [OIII] but have little hope of success.

Been cloud chasing tonight. Trying to get 3 hours on Fleming's Triangle in [OIII] but cloud has been drifting in and out. Stopped the run for a while and warmed up the camera but have started again with a short run of just 90 mins. I don't even know if this will run to the end.

I did try some autofocus runs earlier after having serious problems during Monday's run. Tried multiple iterations with LRGB filters, but the difference between filters was less than the difference between iterations so conclude that they are parfocal.

• Like 3

Managed 4 hours last night with a better framed Soul nebula - very clear. Adjusted the back focus to get rounder stars at the edges, still some improvement possible - noticed affect varies with filter.

Switched to re-focus on filter change which is currently the same frequency as before (hourly) - not much in it. 

In the end I managed to capture 11 subs last night, 5 from the first session, and 6 from the second. This means the sequence ran to its end before the Cloudwatcher saw cloud coming over and shut everything down at around 1.20.

On checking all my folders I found a total of 20 subs of [OIII] to stack which I ended up doing in DSS. Dark frames only as I don't have Flat and Dark Flat frames for [OII] yet. Had to leave out Bias as that stuffed things up royally.

This is a first HOO synthesis done in AstroArt 8. I had to use Coregister rather than a simple Align as I have a slight difference in plate scale between filters. Think my spacing may be slightly out.

246435586_FirstHOOrot.thumb.jpg.d5088283a0f4831b545f2ebfca0d382a.jpg

• Like 4

Just started to capture my next target. This is one hour of Ha data on IC 59 and IC 63, or more commonly known as the Ghost of Cassiopeia. I'm going for an HaRGB image to try and capture the reflections from Navi, which I purposely avoided.

This is one hour of Ha data.

OneHour.jpg

Edited by AstronomyUkraine
  • Like 4

• TerryMcK unpinned and locked this topic