Jump to content

A quick Pelican in RGB


peter shah
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Pelican Nebula imaged from my back garden in the Mid Wales. I've just re-fitted my 12in F3.8 Newtonian ready for a new seasons imaging this is the first shot taken. I still prefer it in the HST the pallet over RGB.
Exposure time was 1hr in each RGB, 6x600s with the H35 CCD. Processed with Pixinsight and Photoshop. 
Comments welcome Thanks for looking
Peter

 

full res here  https://www.astrobin.com/full/v0ajcw/0/?mod=&real=

 

XjkiUe3A1PFH_16536x0_b9muqi8S.jpg

Edited by peter shah
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, peter shah said:

The Pelican Nebula imaged from my back garden in the Mid Wales. I've just re-fitted my 12in F3.8 Newtonian ready for a new seasons imaging this is the first shot taken. I still prefer it in the HST the pallet over RGB.
Exposure time was 1hr in each RGB, 6x600s with the H35 CCD. Processed with Pixinsight and Photoshop. 
Comments welcome Thanks for looking

Looks great for only 3 hours of data. The stars look amazing, even more so in the full res version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Looks great for only 3 hours of data. The stars look amazing, even more so in the full res version.

Thank you.... Yes my scope is a bit of a beast at F3.8 and although the H35 has a relatively low QE over some of the latest cameras its main advantage are the 9un pixels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Thank you.... Yes my scope is a bit of a beast at F3.8 and although the H35 has a relatively low QE over some of the latest cameras its main advantage are the 9un pixels.

I have a 12" f4, just need a better mount to use it for imaging. With all the accessories on it, it will be close to 20kg, which is the limit of my mount.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

I have a 12" f4, just need a better mount to use it for imaging. With all the accessories on it, it will be close to 20kg, which is the limit of my mount.

 Yes, I have mine an a big mount with all of i ts kit and the oversized tube mine weighs just under 40KG. I had fun lifting it on to the mount the other day by myself!!

 

Edited by peter shah
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...