Jump to content

C20 NGC 7000 North America Nebula


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

that is my version of the North America Nebula.

 

5.5 hours exposure 25O sec each frame + calibration frames using a Canon 1200 d 

 

Processed in Gimp to reduce LP and noise .

 

I could have done much more with another night and more knowledges of processing on GIMP but I am happy with the result .

 

Comments are welcome !

C20.jpg

Edited by gabs
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gabs changed the title to C20 NGC 7000 North America Nebula
5 hours ago, gabs said:

Hi all,

 

that is my version of the North America Nebula.

 

5.5 hours exposure 25O sec each frame + calibration frames using a Canon 1200 d 

 

Processed in Gimp to reduce LP and noise .

 

I could have done much more with another night and more knowledges of processing on GIMP but I am happy with the result .

 

Comments are welcome !

C20.jpg

It's looking good, you have captured a lot of nebulosity. What filter are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

It's looking good, you have captured a lot of nebulosity. What filter are you using?

Just the LP filter I don’t have any other!

 

thanks a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Is it a clip in filter, or do you use a filter drawer?

Clip filter as attached which seems to do an excellent job helped with good calibration frames

4F260EB8-EFB3-4785-B649-4C6DC1A4B081.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AstronomyUkraine said:

It's a good filter for suppressing light pollution. You just need more integration time, or increase your iso to increase the signal. What iso are you currently using?

ISO800 that is what I thought could be a good ISO also suggest from canon website. 
maybe longer exposures but I tried with a different ISO as well as longer exposure and it was too noisy.


So far I happy of what I’ve got obviously I can do better 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, gabs said:

ISO800 that is what I thought could be a good ISO also suggest from canon website. 
maybe longer exposures but I tried with a different ISO as well as longer exposure and it was too noisy.


So far I happy of what I’ve got obviously I can do better 🙃

Are you taking darks, bias and flat calibration frames or just darks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Are you taking darks, bias and flat calibration frames or just darks?

Yes I took darks, bias and flat frames as usual.

This time I spent more time trying to get a better flat frame. 
it seems they help a lot to get a decent image! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gabs said:

Yes I took darks, bias and flat frames as usual.

This time I spent more time trying to get a better flat frame. 
it seems they help a lot to get a decent image! 

You'll probably find you will have less noise once it starts getting colder. The heat generated by a dslr accounts for a lot of the noise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

You'll probably find you will have less noise once it starts getting colder. The heat generated by a dslr accounts for a lot of the noise.

I left 10 sec each exposure to rest the sensor if is not enough I can try to increase a bit more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AstronomyUkraine said:

How many calibration frames are you taking?

200 bias and 200 darks 100 flat frames. I tried to stack 200 flat with DSS but the result wasn’t so good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Are you taking dark flats?

 

No I didn’t think I need them really.

Are they different to the above?

Edited by gabs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AstronomyUkraine said:

Yes you need dark flats, or else your flats won't be calibrated correctly. Dark flats as the same suggests, are dark frames taken at the same exposure length as the flat frames.

Yes in that case yes I took them is the one I called simple dark frames not flat dark frames . Now I got what you meant. Yes I took them same exposure and setting as per lights frames but just put the dust cap to cover the scope.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...