Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

My CEM70 controller boards are on their way ​🎉

paul

Just had a DHL notification that the factory have shipped my RA and DEC controller replacement boards and they should arrive next week🎉. I'm hopeful this will address the elongation of stars in RA that I have at 1200mm. image.png.024894fc94d20f2972c487b37306fbb9.pngThis elongation halves my resolution in RA and extends the exposure time I need for good S/N.

My mount is relatively old (! but only built Q3/Q4 last year) and has early revision boards.  Newer builds apparently solved this issue for long focal lengths and I really don't want to do OAG if I can avoid it!