• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just very light rain ATM but we still have torrential rain forecast for this morning.  Forecasts for the following week are dire for astronomy!!  Goodness knows when we shall get any more imaging in!! ? 

Grey skies and raining here again this morning and not looking likely that this weather pattern will change anytime soon. I’m becoming very frustrated with the lack of clear skies recently; Mars closest approach to Earth this apparition is on 6 October and I haven’t been able to image it since 22 September. It’s looking likely that I will miss capturing it at its largest diameter ☹️. Hopefully I will get another chance around Mars opposition on 13 October.

image.thumb.png.afa8c00f7e7207105146e7745ec465b2.png

Slight hint of green on Wednesday, just past closest approach for Mars. But I think I would settle for that to be quite honest. It has stopped raining here on a temporary basis. However forecast heavy for later on this afternoon. Grey-Grey it's all grey. Just went into Marvin mode.

As some of you know, here in north Shropshire it's been misery for the last 3 or 4 months with very few decent clear nights, and some of those were at full Moon. 

Yesterday was very wet, but not that windy, I think that was reserved for further south. 

Today is brighter and drier, but there is no sign of any green observing slots - possibly on Thursday

It's been monumentally awful in Shropshire since early June. Never ending conveyor belt of cloud coming in off the Atlantic from SW - W, over Welsh mountains and then over me. I think maybe a dozen clear nights in over 4 months and some of those at full Moon. 

Yup lancashire has been the same. Since May pretty much 100% cloud cover I have been out every clear night. But I can count them on 2 hands with fingers to spare. Very very dismal. Can't remember it being so bad before. But this is the first year attempting AstroPhotography so maybe just never been noticed before. The wife had said to me what is the point? As you can never do it anyway. Just hoping the winter months will be give some longer drier and colder nights.