NGC 281

AstronomyUkraine

I didn’t realise how much detail was in the Pac-Man, you have done excellent work acquiring and processing 24hrs of data - I also prefer the second image colour palette 

I’m envious of the corner star shapes - an area I am struggling with at moment.

Is this a sub 1arcsec/pixel image and/ or crop ? 
 Another top drawer image Brian

Bryan

Edited by Astrobdlbug
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Astrobdlbug said:

I didn’t realise how much detail was in the Pac-Man, you have done excellent work acquiring and processing 24hrs of data - I also prefer the second image colour palette 

I’m envious of the corner star shapes - an area I am struggling with at moment.

Is this a sub 1arcsec/pixel image and/ or crop ? 
 Another top drawer image Brian

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, my resolution is 0.9, although I did crop this just to frame it a little better.  I found the HDRMultiScaleTransform does a fantastic job on bringing out fine detail. I usually set it to 6 or 7. After that I use LocalHistogramEqualization. To finish off, I always use the DarkStructureEnhance script to enhance dark dust lanes. I usually set the script between 0.2 and 0.4.

I have no problems with my star shapes thankfully, they are round even in the far corners. I can zoom in to 4:1 in Pixinsight and they still look round.  I was reading about your problems with your star shapes, I hope your scope doesn't need collimating, that would be no fun at all.