Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Orion Monster Mount 25x100 Giant View Binocular kit

Mick_H

Had some lovely views with these just recently especially Pleiades. Also started star hoping to find do's, great fun

25x100.png.95d19159378b0186ef72e2e66467a541.png

Monster.png.40d45d69b08e4841bd8214f59636c093.png

Monster3.png.4581178f6841ba82826e27cd2264ba6f.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently been using a pair of Binoculars myself. It’s been cloudy with short lived moments of clear night sky and the binoculars have enabled me to pop out for a few minutes in those clear moments. I had not thought of it before, but I was surprised what you can see. (I have been using an old pair of 10 x 50s)

However, it has to be said that yours look like the mother of all binoculars!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, Marmot said:

I have recently been using a pair of Binoculars myself. It’s been cloudy with short lived moments of clear night sky and the binoculars have enabled me to pop out for a few minutes in those clear moments. I had not thought of it before, but I was surprised what you can see. (I have been using an old pair of 10 x 50s)

However, it has to be said that yours look like the mother of all binoculars!

Hi Marmot, that is the beauty of this setup.

Takes only a couple of minutes to setup, but laying down on reclining camping bed is a wonderful experience.