Horsing around

Astrobdlbug

34 minutes ago, Astrobdlbug said:

So here we go again with another 2 hour wonder

Captured an hour of Ha when I had the ASI1600MM attached with Antlia 3nm filter back iat the end of September when I was out deep into the small hours capturing data on Melotte 15.

Just recently Captured 1hr 20mins with ASI2600MC on Monday night from 11:30pm as orion clears the trees to my south east

Again push processed - took the RGB through PI with ez_DeConv and Denoise then used ArcSin stretch to begin with that pushes star colour then tweaked the stretch with Histogram  Same approach with the Ha image.

Lots of masks to control the extremely bright stars and of course Alnitak the biggest of them all

Could say this is more a Happy snap than a considered deep integration of the subject - but hey its a hobby and doing rapid images like this keeps me occupied until I get in the mindset to focus on something deeper.

Bryan

571602105_Horsehead_ASI2600MC_4920s_82minutescopy.thumb.jpg.6114e7758ce85ebd422962455b73a193.jpg

Looks great for a couple of hours Bryan. you would think there was 15 or 20 hours of data in this image.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Looks great for a couple of hours Bryan. you would think there was 15 or 20 hours of data in this image.

3 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Fantastic image

Thanks Brian - Thanks Terry,

it’s the combination of the exceptional ASI2600MC sensitivity and two relatively new software packages outside of PI. I should write the flow up. The other excellent tool is the light pollution removal in APP - I only started to use it with these RGB images and it’s amazing - dare I suggest better than DBE - Ah heresy!!

I use Topaz Denoise, but only noise not sharpen and only blend about 40-60% of output into the image. I use the PS plug-in APF-R to sharpen -  Again blend in a percentage.

These tools along with the camera in my recent experience change the rules for RGB imaging under UK skies - at least that’s my opinion.

Bryan

Super imge,

I think the 2600 mc is bringing about a sea change in AP, by allowing decent IMges at integration times no one would have even considered before. It makes imaging much more possible for those of us where skies are unpredictable and inconsistent. 

I will join you in your heresy! I've had at least a couple of images with my 2600mc where I was just not getting a great result from DBE and APP LP removal did a much better job.

Need to take a look at APR-R

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dmack1 said:

I will join you in your heresy! I've had at least a couple of images with my 2600mc where I was just not getting a great result from DBE and APP LP removal did a much better job.

👍

good to get my findings confirmed that there is a difference how each package handles gradients in a RGB image 

Edited by Astrobdlbug

Lovely.. I agree on the 26/2600 front.. I'm only capturing 2-3 hours on a target now and happy with the result that I move on not "hmm, need to get to 8-10 hours"

on the PI front: I don't use DBE.  I use NSG script, integrate (either Linear Fit or the funny named one) then 2,3 or 4 iterations of ABE at factor 1.  I find this works sufficiently to remove gradients very well.

• Like 1