Rosette Nebula - variations on a theme

mightymonoped

Spent an afternoon playing with different integration techniques and processing in different palettes. 

HOO - using separate extractions of Ha and OIII in AstroPixelProcessor (APP)

separating the star layer and processing each individually before re-merging. 

SHO - creating a false SII channel from Ha-OIII Mono and combining using APP’s RGB Combine, then processing as above. 

A2FF9B9A-8C5A-4296-8260-133A75C38C41.jpeg

9F2F1C88-5F90-4BFE-B15A-04DC7091A334.jpeg

Edited by mightymonoped
  • Like 8

Hello Tony, its been a few years since we last had PAIG meet ups in Bentley village hall.🙂

Good to see that you are still astro imaging. I have just returned after being out the hobby for over 8 years, as a result of a major medical occurrence (all fine now 🙂).

An excellent image btw. 👍

Edited by Dave_S
Typo
  • Like 1

Another winter favourite of mine - I like both renditions - but the SHO version highlights the transitions accross the nebula more clearly but the HOO more accurately reflects the vast amount of hydrogen in the nebula.

Both very weel processed and I really like that you have got some of the 'tail' as there is so much dust and gas surrounding the Rosette that links it all the way across to the Christmas tree cluster which I think will be up to the right in your image orientation

Bryan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_S said:

Hello Tony, its been a few years since we last had PAIG meet ups in Bentley village hall.🙂

Good to see that you are still astro imaging. I have just returned after being out the hobby for over 8 years, as a result of a major medical occurrence (all fine now 🙂).

An excellent image btw. 👍

Thanks Dave, great to see you back in the fold! 😊