Orion nebula

46 minutes ago, Mirrorgirl said:

Hi there

What do I have pull in screen transfer function to get more detail could you explain in an easy way thank you I do appreciate all the help you. Have given me thsnks

My preferred method is by partially stretching in Histogram Transformation, then removing the stars in Starnet. Complete the stretch in Histogram Transformation. After this extract a lum mask from the image, apply it, and with the use of curves, you will be able to bring out more detail, if it is there. You can introduce the stars back into the image later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

My preferred method is by partially stretching in Histogram Transformation, then removing the stars in Starnet. Complete the stretch in Histogram Transformation. After this extract a lum mask from the image, apply it, and with the use of curves, you will be able to bring out more detail, if it is there. You can introduce the stars back into the image later.

I tried to bring about more nebula in this image what do you think?

pleades finally done and prosessed.jpg

• Like 3

A good effort on Orion, getting more data will be a real bonus.

Orion is a very tricky target by all accounts and really benefits from taking different length exposures (and more of them).

You can try some 10 second, and 60 second sessions and combine using HDR Combination, some really good YouTube videos on the subject.

Also you might be able to reveal a little more faint nebulosity by not making the background quite so dark.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarkAR said:

A good effort on Orion, getting more data will be a real bonus.

Orion is a very tricky target by all accounts and really benefits from taking different length exposures (and more of them).

You can try some 10 second, and 60 second sessions and combine using HDR Combination, some really good YouTube videos on the subject.

Also you might be able to reveal a little more faint nebulosity by not making the background quite so dark.

Thanks for that