Bubble and Lobster Claw

Dmack1

The weather has been so awful here I was not sure I'd remember how to do this AP thing!

Bu I got out last Sunday and got a whole night - split between 2 targets -of course the moon was nearly full! Is it ever any different?

So this was about 5 hours of 180s subs with the ASI2600MC, the SW 80ED and the L-eNhance. Framing is not brilliant but I wanted to get both M52 and NGC 7538 in the image and could not be bothered faffing around with rotate/platesolve/rotate  - that always take me about 20 goes to get it right 

first as a straight RGB image,

RGB_PI_ss_PS.thumb.jpg.dab4867bf590bb98adef0a2dba73325d.jpg

Then processed as HOO

HOO_PIr_ss_PS.thumb.jpg.7543efe8eea17b84bf260ebc75920519.jpg

C&C would be very welcome.

Higher res can be found here

[URL=https://astrob.in/59jt7n/0/][IMG]https://astrob.in/59jt7n/0/rawthumb/gallery/get.jpg?insecure[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=https://astrob.in/as71m0/0/][IMG]https://astrob.in/as71m0/0/rawthumb/gallery/get.jpg?insecure[/IMG][/URL]

• Like 9

Great images. I like them both although their is clearly a difference. The colours are nice and rich in the first although the second seems to show a bit more detail. I couldn’t chose between them though as their both great.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed - I captured this in same way as you in early September and used the same camera ASI2600MC but with a L-Extreme rather than Enhance dual band filter, and around same 5hrs integration and acheived very similar result as you have.

However I created an image that mixed the 'RAW'  with a false colour SHO process, I found that in this way you can retain the 'traditional' red for Ha but pull out the blue Oii in same image  - I used starless versions of both processes to mix and then created a star overlay using a pixelmath dynamic mix that gave me interesting star colour.

Its worth experimenting as its all narrow band false colour anyway and see if you can mix both processes togther lift the Oii

BTW - I share your pain with framing, but acually the way you have left this makes a more open almost wide field style  image, when I framed to get everything in the image it ends up looking a bit packed in and yours gives the main objects space, which is good as thats where they are....

Bryan

13 hours ago, Astrobdlbug said:

Very nice indeed - I captured this in same way as you in early September and used the same camera ASI2600MC but with a L-Extreme rather than Enhance dual band filter, and around same 5hrs integration and acheived very similar result as you have.

However I created an image that mixed the 'RAW'  with a false colour SHO process, I found that in this way you can retain the 'traditional' red for Ha but pull out the blue Oii in same image  - I used starless versions of both processes to mix and then created a star overlay using a pixelmath dynamic mix that gave me interesting star colour.

Its worth experimenting as its all narrow band false colour anyway and see if you can mix both processes togther lift the Oii

BTW - I share your pain with framing, but acually the way you have left this makes a more open almost wide field style  image, when I framed to get everything in the image it ends up looking a bit packed in and yours gives the main objects space, which is good as thats where they are....

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, could you explain more about how you did that because I did see your image and would like to emulate the "traditional red" with blue you achieved.

1 hour ago, MarkAR said:

Two super renditions, prefer the second on I think.

Composition is really nice with all those targets, just a few more mm wider FOV would have been good though.

Thanks Mark, yes I could have got the whole of the claw in with a bit of maneuvering but I was too impatient!😒