IC 1805 the Heart Nebula

Dmack1

The second half of my Sunday night.

This was about 4.5 hours of 180s subs with the ASI 2600 MC, SW 80ED and the L-enhance.

Again same data processed two ways;

Straight RGB

RGB_ps_Recomb70s.thumb.png.56661ec6b6b134e700b0ae8f7f0f2f9f.png

A HOO, this time trying to Keep the Ha red

HOORecomb70s.thumb.png.2451746319295900e97208b050dc75ba.png

I really want some RGB stars to drop in.

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Edited by Dmack1
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

Both images look great. Can't you extract the stars from the RGB image and save them to insert in the HOO image?

thanks for that. when I say "straight RGB" I mean the L-enhance data has been processed just as RGB instead of extracting the R=Ha G=Oii and processing as such. and i extracted the stars before splitting channels. So the stars are pretty essentially same.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Astrobdlbug said:

is that one of the pixel math dynamic mix equations using the extracted channels ?

Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

Unfortunately I have no idea what "pixel math dynamic mix equations using the extracted channels" actually means 🤣

It was the R extracted and called Ha, G extracted and called Oiii (B discarded) and then mixed using SHO_AIP script. I cant remember exactly what the mix was except R =Ha100% then G & B were 100% Oiii and a very small but different (<15%) of Ha in with them. Very much trial and error to get what I wanted.

But it has come out nice I think.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dmack1 said:

Thanks Bryan,

Unfortunately I have no idea what "pixel math dynamic mix equations using the extracted channels" actually means 🤣

It was the R extracted and called Ha, G extracted and called Oiii (B discarded) and then mixed using SHO_AIP script. I cant remember exactly what the mix was except R =Ha100% then G & B were 100% Oiii and a very small but different (<15%) of Ha in with them. Very much trial and error to get what I wanted.

But it has come out nice I think.

This is what Bryan is referring too. You'll find all the info on here.

https://thecoldestnights.com/2020/06/pixinsight-dynamic-narrowband-combinations-with-pixelmath/

12 hours ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

This is what Bryan is referring too. You'll find all the info on here.

https://thecoldestnights.com/2020/06/pixinsight-dynamic-narrowband-combinations-with-pixelmath/

Thanks for that. I've read it 3 times and unfortunately I still have no idea what it actuallly means.🤣

Edited by Dmack1

1 hour ago, MartinS said:

Both images are great, have you tried a reducer with your scope to frame the whole Nebula?

Thanks for that Martin,

I have a 0.85 reducer and indeed the actual frame included the fish head. But something happened between lights and flats meaning I had a huge horrible dust bunny in the vicinity which would not calibrate out and also some overlap that meant I had to crop to what it is.

• Like 1