My M45

paul

I set up for a dual imaging session last night and this time it was successful, both rigs capturing some useful data.

The DSLR was on the HEQ5 with the 70mm. This crop is the result of 4hrs imaging with the 550d grabbing 30sec exposures @ ISO800. This is a target that doesn't forgive LP and haze. Perhaps another 4 or 8 hrs will help🤔.

M45_crop_3.png

Edited by paul
  • Like 5

I had another go at processing with a more aggressive stretch, noise reduction and resize. The result begins to pick up some of the fainter dust these stars are travelling through. I'm much happier with the result but I would still like more data then perhaps I can rework it at native resolution. The image is uncropped.

M45_3_stretch_resize.png

Edited by paul
  • Like 2

M45 is getting a lot of attention at the moment and I think that’s great as it’s a marvellous subject. You AP folk all produce slightly different images, but that’s great as you get to appreciate the same subject in slightly different ways. Nice image👍

• Thanks 1