Rosette Nebula in SHO

TareqPhoto

The first test of my new scope, not bad, can't judge the scope from a narrowbanding results much, and the focus was off but i can feel happy i got something after very long time stopping, i will be back soon i hope.

Rosette Nebula in SHO

The Rosette Nebula is an H II region located near one end of a giant molecular cloud in the Monoceros region of the Milky Way Galaxy. The open cluster NGC 2244 is closely associated with the nebulosity, the stars of the cluster having been formed from the nebula's matter.
The cluster and nebula lie at a distance of 5,000 light-years from Earth[3] and measure roughly 130 light years in diameter. The radiation from the young stars excites the atoms in the nebula, causing them to emit radiation themselves producing the emission nebula we see. The mass of the nebula is estimated to be around 10,000 solar masses.

Equipment and details:

Scope: Apertura 60ED f/6 doublet
Camera: ZWO ASI1600MM-C cooled at -10C, gain 200, Offset 50
Mount: Skywatcher AZ-EQ6
Guide scope and camera: QHY mini guide scope & QHY5L-II-M
Flattener: Hotech SCA 1.0x
Filters: Astrodon Ha 5nm, Chroma OIII/SII 3nm
ZWO EFW 8x1.25", dew heaters
Power control: Pegasus Power Box Advanced
SGPro, PHD2, Stellarium, PixInsight, Photoshop CC
Ha = 26 x 300s
OIII = 22 x 300s
SII = 18 x 300s
Dark 25
Bias [or flat dark] 50
Flats 50 per filter
Ajman, UAE, Bortle 8/9

It is a green tint result as i feel like bored about that Red/Golden/Blue result i see a lot, and my processing and correction is all and a joke, but i will never give up, next year i will get busy in imaging more, this year and last year i wasn't into imaging mode at all, did some tests but i knew that i will buy more gear so i didn't bother to make perfect setup as i know it will be changed over and over again.

Rosette-SHO[Processed].png

• Like 4

That's an impressive first image.👍 There are no rules, just fashions and plenty of opinion with colour selection!

I find the straight acid yellow/green more honest in some way but the schemes are all just artist preference. After a while of looking at them on my desktop I moved to warmer colours as they are easier on the eye for working at my computer 🙂 

6 minutes ago, paul said:

That's an impressive first image.👍 There are no rules, just fashions and plenty of opinion with colour selection!

I find the straight acid yellow/green more honest in some way but the schemes are all just artist preference. After a while of looking at them on my desktop I moved to warmer colours as they are easier on the eye for working at my computer 🙂 

I agree, i can tweak colors as i like or others like, i wanted to give it a little different touch, later when i can be much better imager and processing better i can show nicer results, shouldld be happy with my setup so far and trust of what i am buying next.

1 hour ago, Sonyme said:

Lovely image Tareq. Do you have any issues with reflected heat and poor atmospheric conditions? I only ask this as you seem to be operating from a particularly hot location.

Thank you!

Yes, we have that issue in extreme summer, but now we are at fall/winter time so the weather is cooling down and temp is low, nice weather and atmosphere, getting a bit colder by night, that will be for several months until March, then by April it will get warmer towards summer.

3 minutes ago, Sonyme said:

I've been lucky enough to work in a number of places across the Saudi Peninsula but never lucky enough to peer through a telescope whilst on my travels. Hope the cool weather gives you lots more imaging opportunities.     Gary

Thank you very much Gary, i am still learning and going, i will be fine, now the weather and sky quality is fixed after they operated the streetlights of LED, now i can work knowing that it is already done, i will image more with more gear i bought and then i will see for how long it will last.

Clear skies!

Tareq