Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Feather Touch Focuser Connection Issues

yardstar

I've been operating this system on 32 bit computer system since 2008 and just started using a 64 bit system. Can't see to get this to work on 64 bit. MaximDL and Focus Max are fine. I've tried testing in ASCOM diagnostics 32 bit mode with no luck. Starlight Instruments doesn't seem to have an answer either. If anyone out there is using this focus system and have it working on a 64 bit platform any input would be most appreciated.

I can’t help much as it has been a long time since I used ASCOM but it may be an idea, if you haven’t already done so, to install the latest version of ASCOM from https://ascom-standards.org along with the latest Airy Focuser drivers from https://airysc.com/forum/index.php/support-en/ which are compatible with feathertouch. Remember you need to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 10 64 bit so that the ASCOM platform will work.