What’s going on with Clear Outside

Last night was an unexpected full clear night, the previous 2 nights were mostly clear until 01:00/02:00. Yet the clear outside app appeared to be forecasting for the other side of the world. Here are a couple of images that show the unexplained discrepancy between CO and Meteoblue.  I will not be relying on CO anymore.

850062AD-E254-4A04-A0DE-C3137608EC17.png

19C776CB-C568-45DC-A68D-A9735D46610B.png

• Like 1

Had last three nights indicated clear by Clear Outside and Met office as well as Meteoblue and all three spot on. Clouds rolled in at predicted time on third night. Moon was there too which made targeting difficult.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MartinS said:

Last night was an unexpected full clear night, the previous 2 nights were mostly clear until 01:00/02:00. Yet the clear outside app appeared to be forecasting for the other side of the world. Here are a couple of images that show the unexplained discrepancy between CO and Meteoblue.  I will not be relying on CO anymore.

CO is garbage. There are plenty of more reliable sites, Meteoblue being one of them. There are others I use, including Wundermap and Ventusky.

https://www.ventusky.com/

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

• Like 1

While not good, I am please that it is not a local issue here. CO is definitely not my goto weather station now, I will stick with Meteoblue (bonus is the Astro setting).

Thanks for the feedback.

Martin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MartinS said:

While not good, I am please that it is not a local issue here. CO is definitely not my goto weather station now, I will stick with Meteoblue (bonus is the Astro setting).

Thanks for the feedback.

Martin

Yeah the astro info is very good on Meteoblue, even if it is sometimes depressing to look at.