Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

First astro camera - 269 or 294 sensor - sampling confusion

Milesy303

Hi all.

I’m currently looking at both sensors to use with my GT81 scope for a few months but want to go to a longer focal length for after the summer.

With the 269 I’ll be over sampled when I go to the longer focal length but there is no amp glow to deal with.

The 294 seems an older technology but maybe bet better suited to upgrading after the summer ?

To be used under "uk seeing" which I think might be "ok"

My head hurts with all the sampling and seeing.

Chris

24 minutes ago, Milesy303 said:

Hi all.

I’m currently looking at both sensors to use with my GT81 scope for a few months but want to go to a longer focal length for after the summer.

With the 269 I’ll be over sampled when I go to the longer focal length but there is no amp glow to deal with.

The 294 seems an older technology but maybe bet better suited to upgrading after the summer ?

To be used under "uk seeing" which I think might be "ok"

My head hurts with all the sampling and seeing.

Chris

I wouldn't concern myself too much about ampglow, it's easily removed with calibration frames.

1 hour ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

I wouldn't concern myself too much about ampglow, it's easily removed with calibration frames.

Or the green colour cast that you will see in your images if you go for the colour version, at least from my experience with the 294c, as this is easily removed with the Hasta la Vista Green (HLVG) free plug in for Photoshop.