Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

DSLR Camera repair centre 10/10

Skipper Billy

Skipper Billy

Last week I heard the sickening sound of broken glass from inside my Canon 5D full frame camera.

I took the lens off and the mirror fell out!!  Quick look on Google revealed that its a common problem on this camera.

Looked on Google for camera repair centres and emailed three and the most helpful and clearly knowledgeable (and cheapest quote) reply came from AJ Johnstones in Glasgow - an approved Canon repair centre.

I posted the camera on Weds, got an email on Thursday to confirm safe receipt.  They called me Friday afternoon to confirm the repair had been made and to take my card payment.

Camera was back with me on Tuesday.

It is like new inside and out. They have also recalibrated the autofocus which is apparently essential when making this repair.

The repair was £60 and was professional, fast and sensibly priced. Excellent comms and altogether a pleasant experience.

They repair all makes of camera and I would certainly use them again.

10/10

https://www.ajjohnstone.net/

• Like 1

That must have been a hell of a shock, glad the rear was possible and that they did a good job. Price seems very reasonable as well.

Wow, what a shock, but glad you got it mended and i am sure members will appreciate the link to the repairers.

Carole 

Sixty quid for work of the level of delicacy required for fixing a DSLR? Excellent price. I'll contact them if the mirror ever falls out of my Canon 5d

Posted by: @skipper-billy

Last week I heard the sickening sound of broken glass from inside my Canon 5D full frame camera.

I took the lens off and the mirror fell out!!  Quick look on Google revealed that its a common problem on this camera.

Looked on Google for camera repair centres and emailed three and the most helpful and clearly knowledgeable (and cheapest quote) reply came from AJ Johnstones in Glasgow - an approved Canon repair centre.

I posted the camera on Weds, got an email on Thursday to confirm safe receipt.  They called me Friday afternoon to confirm the repair had been made and to take my card payment.

Camera was back with me on Tuesday.

It is like new inside and out. They have also recalibrated the autofocus which is apparently essential when making this repair.

The repair was £60 and was professional, fast and sensibly priced. Excellent comms and altogether a pleasant experience.

They repair all makes of camera and I would certainly use them again.

10/10

https://www.ajjohnstone.net/

That's good news. You must be a very happy fellow.