Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hi from sunny Worthing

philjdowns

Hi All,
It appears that I've been 'reset' due to a glitch, so all my posts and comments so far have evaporated, hay-ho, I work in IT so I know these things happen.
Start again.

I'm Phil, been a casual visual observer with a few small refractors on and off for years (my most used telescope was Kowa TS1, bought it new when they first came out, yes I'm that old!)
Decided last year to move to astrophotography (DSO is my interest) so spent the last six months buying bits to build my first imaging rig, waiting for the last connection adapter to turn up, then get it all assembled and let you all see what I'm up to.

The only thing I won't have for a while are my narrowband filters, seems that they are hard to get these days so the delivery estimate is the end of November! I'll have plenty of time to get set-up and used to all the other stuff before I start imaging for real. I have a UV/IR cut filter so I'll just stick with that for a bit.

Phil.  

Welcome Phil,

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your images when you are ready to post them.

Cheers, Geof

Posted by: @phil-j-downs

Hi All,

It appears that I've been 'reset' due to a glitch, so all my posts and comments so far have evaporated, hay-ho, I work in IT so I know these things happen.

Start again.

I'm Phil, been a casual visual observer with a few small refractors on and off for years (my most used telescope was Kowa TS1, bought it new when they first came out, yes I'm that old!)

Decided last year to move to astrophotography (DSO is my interest) so spent the last six months buying bits to build my first imaging rig, waiting for the last connection adapter to turn up, then get it all assembled and let you all see what I'm up to.

The only thing I won't have for a while are my narrowband filters, seems that they are hard to get these days so the delivery estimate is the end of November! I'll have plenty of time to get set-up and used to all the other stuff before I start imaging for real. I have a UV/IR cut filter so I'll just stick with that for a bit.

Phil.  

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry that there was a glitch, it shouldn't have deleted your posts, I have copied our admin in just in case he can help @3staraligned

Welcome and please enjoy!