NGC7822

Dmack1

This was data I captured before I started playing with the Mono - NB.

Its a 2 panel mosaic but the overlap is about 80% because I wanted to ensure i had the pillars in the core within both sets of images.

In total its about 7 hours with the ASI 2600mc, the SW 80 ED and the L-enhance. It is crying out for RGB stars which I will try to get.

Thanks for looking.

NGC7822s.thumb.png.81b3fa91e8a72b5750fd30ff5ca8f3db.png

• Like 6

Great image and framing 

There’s a lot of Oiii lurking in the upper half of this target that a few more hours of subs and integration might reveal with the l-enhance or it may be in there and you might find a re-process to a pseudo- SHO using Lukomatico technique as an example may make the Oiii more obvious.

You’ve got a great amount of detail in the lower area with all the dark nebula boks - a zoom around that area shows some fantastic structure.

Overall really like this and once I get past my elephant trunk nebula obsession- got 23hrs so far but still need Oiii - this could be a very interesting next project 

Bryan

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 11:07 PM, Astrobdlbug said:

Great image and framing 

There’s a lot of Oiii lurking in the upper half of this target that a few more hours of subs and integration might reveal with the l-enhance or it may be in there and you might find a re-process to a pseudo- SHO using Lukomatico technique as an example may make the Oiii more obvious.

You’ve got a great amount of detail in the lower area with all the dark nebula boks - a zoom around that area shows some fantastic structure.

Overall really like this and once I get past my elephant trunk nebula obsession- got 23hrs so far but still need Oiii - this could be a very interesting next project 

Bryan

Thanks Bryan @Astrobdlbug

Yes my original intention was to try to bring out the Oiii but I abandoned it because i thought that there was just not enough Oiii to hold it togethere and it was making the image too noisy. Particularly in the top area which was not included in the mosaic overlap so was only about 3.5 hrs integration.

But after reading you comments I thought I'd finish out the HOO version and see how it looked. The Oiii areas are for sure a bit noisy  but its not too bad if you dont zoom in too much.

But I think another 3.5 hrs /panel would make a difference.

HOO_wStarsPSs.thumb.png.bc9ff86d80240f07a99cd5c3389217f6.png

• Like 1

Oh yes - that’s looking great that HOO process has, at least in my opinion, really lifted the image and the Oiii areas gives contrast where it was ‘flat’ before.

If you do add more integration time on the panels you will definitely take this image to another level of detail and depth

great work so far

Bryan

• Thanks 1