Anybody have experience with Antlia filters ?

Rigo

Posted by: @Rigo

Hello, want to buy some filters for mono  camera, does someone use the Antlia filters yet.

Looks they are very good but not cheap, like always with good material

Thanks

Rigo

Hi Rigo, 

I use their 36mm 3.5nm narrowband filters and find then very good, I don't think they're up there with the Chromas' etc but they definitely fold their own.

Here's some single uncalibrated subs I've taken with these on my GT81 and QHY163m camera with them.

Heart nebula

1x300s H-alpha.

heart-nebula_300sec_1x1_Ha_0004-1.thumb.jpg.383398d73ede4470f6a501e0fb7e3b19.jpg

1x300s OIII.

heart-nebula_360sec_1x1_Oiii_0006.thumb.jpg.8779238d55c21baf35f70056a64ee122.jpg

1x300s SII.

heart-nebula_360sec_1x1_SII_0012.thumb.jpg.aaeceb912bea42a20237d3b050e089ca.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

Wyvern

• Like 1

@wyvern

Hi Wyvern, on the site of Atlia they say: Extremely narrow bandwidth results in a small amount of light, we recommend you to use a large-aperture telescope and long exposure time to collect enough signals to obtain the details of those faint objects under the SII ultra-narrow filter.

I have a ES 80 mm Apo F6, i gonna buy Altair 183 mono Tec en want to order the LRGB set en the Ha,S and Oiii in 1.25 "from  Atlia.

Do you think it will be ok wit this set-up ?

Thanks

Rigo

That sounds like a similar setup to mine, with the exception that I use a reducer which brings it down to F4.9 so it should be fine. I have no experience with their LRGB set but I'd like to see how you get on with them.

With the Narrowband set I expose for a minimum of 300s but as long as 600s but at F6 I would go longer, maybe 6-900s depends on the target though.

Ooh, another quick tip if you do buy them. Inside the hard case, mine came in a paper sleeve with a hologram seal. Make sure this is completely out of the way of the filter as you are removing it as I have heard of it sticking to and leaving marks on the filter if it touches it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@terrymck

Terry, i bought them from 365 astronomy, had also difficulties with contacting them but best is(what i did) is to telephone them and ask what they have in stock, i received my order 3 days later from Uk to Belgium

Hope it helps

Rigo