Altair Wave Series 102mm F7 Super ED Triplet APO

Hi,

The lovely people on here have advised me to look at Altair which i have been doing.

So before i click buy this week on a WO 91 FLT + flattener, can anyone advise if they have experience of the Altair Wave Series 102mm F7 Super ED Triplet APO and how good points / bad points or if they have experienced a side-by-side comparison. there is very little on the internet / youtube etc about the Altair compared with the more well-known brands. I take it that they are the 'same scope' as other brands sell just with the Altair logo on?

Price wise the Altair Wave Series 102mm F7 Super ED Triplet APO + diagonal, guide scope and flattener cost works out no different to the WO 91 FLT + diagonal guide scope and flattener thanks to the Altair accessories being more expensive than the WO ones but you are getting 11mm (+/-12%) more aperture bang for buck which is a plus as well as a longer focal length. 

Icant see anything on the site that explains what the maximum achievable magnification is (certainly not in terms i understand) so i guess i will be calling them about that. Both have nice styling and reports of well machined parts and are in the range of optics that i want; 80-115mm.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...