Former Astronomy Shed Members

Carastro

Thanks Terry, yes, Dion said he would keep it open until the expiry date, but he never indicated when that would be, unless he said recently when i hadn't logged in.

It was a great site and many of the members have migrated here so not losing touch with friends they had made on the Shed.  End of an Era.

Carole 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scopeman said:

Yeah, me too, sad any idea why it closed down, was Dion ill? Lost my mojo a bit atm, need some inspiration to kickstart and get me going again!

Yes, Dion lost his Mojo a while back.  Then he and his wife had Covid badly, so he announced some months ago he wouldn’t renew the website licence when his yearly contract ran out, but didn’t indicate when that would be.   

Carole

Yes, definitely the end of an era. I was there almost from the beginning. I bought one of Dion's modified SPC900 webcams and used it to image some deep sky stuff using  a Startravel 102 refractor. Nothing since has equalled the delight of seeing that first image of the Orion nebula appear on the screen. I believe I had the distinction of having most posts on the Shed next to Dion. Ah well, all things must come to an end. Happy days!! 🙂

• Like 3

• 1 month later...