Jupiter with Io in transit - 2 Oct 2022

I had my 2nd session with my new ASI462 camera on the C14 last night. The seeing was better than last week, but still very in/out, with focus changing minute by minute, making it difficult to determine best focus. Io and it's shadow were in transit, so I opted for a series of 2 minute SER videos, which I de-rotated in WinJupos before grading in AS3!, with further derotation and stacking of the TIFFs in WinJupos. Sharpening was done using wavelets in Registax6.

The stacked image had a large blur where Io and it's shadow were in transit, so I pasted them back into the stacked and sharpened image from a single SER that represented the correct timestamp of the de-rotated image. Final colour saturation and levels adjustments were applied in Affinity Photo.

2022-10-02-2246_6-GDL-AS!-RAW-DR_R6(V2)_AFP.jpg.00bef5b3bba930d7ff0ddbfa35cc86bb.jpg

Io itself is somewhat lost due to poor contrast aginst Jupiter's bright cloud surface.

Thanks for looking, comments and feedback welcome.

• Like 1

• geoflewis changed the title to Jupiter with Io in transit - 2 Oct 2022