Saturn (poor seeing) - 2 Oct 2022

Here is my 1st image of Saturn this year, already well past it's opposition in August. Image was captured with my new ASI462MC colour camera through the C14, prior to the Jupiter captures for which the final image was posted earlier. The seeing was poor in the horizon murk, at it's lowly ~20 deg elevation. This image comprises the best 5% of a 10 min SER video run through AS3!, without any de-rotation, then sharpened with wavelets in Registax 6. A slight colour saturation boost was applied in Affinity Photo with further light unsharp mask applied to the red and green channels and layered as a luminance at 70%.

2022-10-02-2050_1-U-RGB-Sat_lapl4_ap24_P5_sharp_R6_AFP.jpg.e65734c8eb777114f5b5265373a70b19.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Carastro said:

Great image Geof, Nice lot of bands showing.

Carole 

5 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Yes I agree it is an excellent image.

Thanks both, Saturn remains a challenging target as such a low elevation here in the UK. It is actually more difficult to get any detail with the colour camera as compared to shooting mono R,G,B.

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 1