Jump to content

Taurus Molecular Cloud - First attempt at mosaic


mightymonoped
 Share

Recommended Posts

I seem to have been pulled over to The Dark Side 🙂  Having a stab at doing a mosaic of Taurus Molecular Cloud. 

It's been a bumpy ride so far. I've had to learn how to integrate mosaics more efficiently using APP (basically using panes, then registering/integrating). 

Still making it up as I go along as far as processing is concerned but I'm enjoying being made to look a fool by this new processing challenge. 🤣

 

A crop from a 4-pane mosaic using WO Redcat 51.

 

Tony

 

 

TMC-5Pane-crop.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must say Tony - this is an inspiring image , this is very recognisable as the Taurus molecular cloud - you could lift it a bit (I know the mosaic boundary will show up ) but you’ve got detail in this image- and from your balcony over a car park - who knew ?

I should try some more broadband from my back garden, as much as narrowband gets to some amazing targets - dark nebulae are just such amazing structures to see in images

 

Bryan

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Astrobdlbug said:

Must say Tony - this is an inspiring image , this is very recognisable as the Taurus molecular cloud - you could lift it a bit (I know the mosaic boundary will show up ) but you’ve got detail in this image- and from your balcony over a car park - who knew ?

I should try some more broadband from my back garden, as much as narrowband gets to some amazing targets - dark nebulae are just such amazing structures to see in images

 

Bryan

 

 

Thanks Bryan. I did think about lifting it a bit but wasn't sure, as this is so out of my comfort zone. Will give it a little go and post on here. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

Hats off to you Tony....no easy target....you certainly have it showing through

 

Thanks Peter! Looking to have a go at this using the Samyang 135mm f2 next. Hoping to do a 4 pane with that and get at least a couple of hours on each pane over a few nights. I don't know what I'm doing, but it's very addictive! 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mightymonoped said:

 

Thanks Peter! Looking to have a go at this using the Samyang 135mm f2 next. Hoping to do a 4 pane with that and get at least a couple of hours on each pane over a few nights. I don't know what I'm doing, but it's very addictive! 🤣

Yes you need a few hours on this to build the signal

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

Yes you need a few hours on this to build the signal

Now that I know I can actually get something I’m happy to invest a few moonless nights while I can. Why is it always clear when the Moon is full? 🙄

 

It’s nice having a few projects like this and Simeis 147 to work on, as and when though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...