The wizard nebula

Hannahgrace

13 hours ago, sterec said:

I had no idea that there was so much surrounding nebulosity, very impressive. Looks like that I am going to have to at least double my exposure time to get anywhere the detail that you have.

Thank you! I didn’t either, was a lovely surprise when I stretched the Ha!! 😄 thank you! 

Crumbs, if you are a first year imager, and you're producing this and the one you won at the ROG, I can't imagine what you will be producing a few years down the line. 

I would say you can lift the sky background a little to show more background nebulosity better.

Carole 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, Carastro said:

Crumbs, if you are a first year imager, and you're producing this and the one you won at the ROG, I can't imagine what you will be producing a few years down the line. 

I would say you can lift the sky background a little to show more background nebulosity better.

Carole 

Aww that’s so kind, thank you. I’ve become completely obsessed with Astro and always reading about it/researching etc. 

I’ve since done another edit to bring out the background a bit more, and I’ve boosted the saturation a little bit too. I’m not sure which edit I prefer, as I quite like the background nebulosity reasonably dark to make the wizard ‘pop’ a bit more. 

Hannah