Minor Slippage On Twist Lock

Scopeman

I just got a new WO diagonal and an OVL twist lock adapter. Is the twist lock supposed to lock the diagonal solidly or enough to stop it falling out but allow you to move the viewing angle of the diagonal, because you can twist the diagonal when locked, or is there something wrong with it? Any remedies? Problem seems to be centered around the smooth insert locking ring slipping either on the barrel or on the inside of the twist lock. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Scopeman

UPDATE: For anyone who may have the same issue, spoke to RVO where I got this from and apparently it is faulty, they should lock the ep with no movement unless released.This goes for any twist lock adapters, so if you ever get one like this return it as it should not behave like this.

The twistlock on my Long Perng dielectric is the same. I can turn an eyepiece barrel in it tightened, but I doubt I could pull it out easily. From what I've been told all the Long Perng twistlocks are the same. I don't know how familiar Adam (RVO) is with these twistlock adapters. I have at least a couple of GSO twistlocks that are the same. I honestly think it's some sort of design flaw or at least an acceptable tolerance. Admittedly my Baader and Takahashi twistlocks tighten properly, but they were more expensive. Of course, I may be wrong and the twistlocks are all borked.

I just wondered how safe my Long Perng dielectric would be carrying a heavy eyepiece. I don't have that much gear and none of my telescopes are particularly expensive. Over the years I've accumulated a few eyepieces as my observing habits have modified. The trouble with being crippled is that I have limited options. Notwithstanding my new health issues. 

The difference is that I can tighten the Baader completely. In fact it has a vice-like grip when tightened. I loosen it enough to easily rotate the diagonal. There is a good gradation of grip. If I get the friction balance just right I reach a tightness that allows me to rotate without the diagonal pulling out. I wouldn't have expected a twistlock to have the same finesse; even a Baader.

Shame, but you don't seem to get any comments on gear, so even into AP you still have to use a scope amongst other things. Seems a bit too niche if that is the reason for me. I don't use FB so do you know of any other active groups at all?