Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hi, newbie from Kent England

Trickyhammr

Hello all

I'm Richard and have always had an interest in Space.

A few months ago decided to finally get a telescope and start understanding what is going on above us ?.

I have a Sciencetech 262 Reflector, although not yet managed to see anything through it.

I also want to get into Astrophotography, I have a DSLR Cannon 1200D EOS with a 300mm zoom. Have been taking some pictures with this but not yet through the scope.

Downloaded GIMP and have started to self teach myself this software ? 

As you can get this is all very new, so patience please as I will no doubt be asking many 'stupid' questions ? ? 

I am also in contact with a local astronomical society, although not yet met due to the current situation.

Looking forward to my journey!

Stay safe all

Hi Richard,  I am in NW Kent/SE London, which society have you been in touch with?

Not familiar with your telescope, but the traditional way to take images it is either use the camera lens and do widefield, but mounted on a tracking mount, or to remove the camera lens and insert the camera into the drawtube of the telescope.  This will require the addition of a T piece and T adapter.

Does you mount track?  

Welcome to BYA by the way.  

Carole 

Welcome aboard Richard. There are people on here that have significant experience in AP. We do however all have the same opinion, that is the only "stupid questions" are the ones that are not asked. Good luck with your endeavours.

K

Hi - I'm also from Kent... the island that no one mentions... at least not in polite company.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. I only started imaging in April/May and have asked many in the following months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Richard. There no such thing as a stupid question here, so any help you need just shout out.