A Tulip plucked from the clouds

Astrobdlbug

Hi,

weather as everyone knows has been pretty appaling for much astroimaging recently, there's been a few opportunities with an hour or two here and there.

I captured the data for this image starting on 4th November and was hoping to get a lot more data, so had not really reviewed the subs until last night as I was a bit fed up that the forecast for clear(ish) skies in my location failed to be correct - so I sat at my computer with a beer (or two) and did some processing .
Generally surprised to get this detail on a target that is setting west in evening in UK. Also first time to image this target and pleased to have captured the ionised shock wave from black hole Cygnus X-1, its a blue arc above and to the right of the nebula. The Tulip Nebula is appox 6000 light years distant from us.

Dates:
4 Nov 2022 ·  8 Nov 2022 ·  12 Nov 2022
Frames:
Antlia 3nm Narrowband H-alpha 2": 33×300(2h 45′)
Antlia 3nm Narrowband Oxygen III 2": 24×300(2h)
Antlia 3nm Narrowband Sulfur II 2": 36×300(3h)
Integration:
7h 45′

Bryan

ZKhHzN1BAqEE_16536x0_2w2d88Mg.jpg

Edited by Astrobdlbug
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

And what a mighty fine tulip pluck.

11 minutes ago, mightymonoped said:

Outstanding! So much going on in this. 👏🏼👏🏼

Thanks, Terry and Tony, as I say I was extremely surprised how much detail came through when I stacked the subs in APP the integrations had a lot of detail, 3nm filters clearly showing their benefit when imaging west into LP  -  my processing flow using StarXT/NoiseXT on the linear integrations then use GHS to stretch really extracts the most from the data.

Appreciate the feedback ,so thank you.

Hopefully some clear spells next week

Bryan

• Like 1