IC434

Greg Yancey

Went after IC434 last night.  it was perfect weather.  Used my C11 with C11v4 Hyperstar, ASi294MC Pro and IDAS NBZ UHS Filter.  90x120 sec shots.  This will be my last picture using a OSC, I am switching out to my ASi1600MM Pro to do Narrowband.  So, the OSC will put away for now.

Clear Skies!

IC434_Stars.jpg

• Like 6

Try just 30 second subs over the same period on targets as bright as this (horsehead, andromeda etc) Greg. The bright stars (Alnitak for instance) will be tamed, not overwhelm the sensor, the resultant extra shots acquired will be able to be stacked bringing out the same amount of detail in the nebula. The only thing is more disk space is needed during acquisition. More shorter subs does not work on every target though so just experiment even with mono.

I like the colour rendition you have achieved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Try just 30 second subs over the same period on targets as bright as this (horsehead, andromeda etc) Greg. The bright stars (Alnitak for instance) will be tamed, not overwhelm the sensor, the resultant extra shots acquired will be able to be stacked bringing out the same amount of detail in the nebula. The only thing is more disk space is needed during acquisition. More shorter subs does not work on every target though so just experiment even with mono.

I like the colour rendition you have achieved.

Thanks so much Terry, I will give that a go!  Yes I have been in the 120 sec mode lately, but I know I need to break free of that and experiment in other ranges.