Simeis 147 - The Spaghetti Nebula

Dmack1

I had a run of clear nights early in december and managed to get a fair bit of data. Processing was slowed down by Christmas and then I somehow managed to missed posting some of the images here. So trying to catch up now.

This was a target I had long wanted to do because i find it beautiful and fascinating. I wonder at the forces involved to produce such an object.

At 10 hours integration over 2 nights it is my longest integration yet and i recon it could happily take the same number of hours again. It was done with the Sharpstar 61 EDPHII, l-enhance filter and the ASI2600mc and still I shaved off a little at the top. Boy!, this thing is BIG!

Simeis147.thumb.png.b9eddc0db6230e70c22472f07d5ffb93.png

C7C is appreciated and thanks for looking.

• Like 9

It looks great and I know it is a difficult one to capture - 10 hours is astonishing as I've seen people spend a really long time on this one. You've done a great job at bringing out the fine detail on it. I will say it again the ASI2600MC is an awesome camera.

Thanks Terry. I agree 100%. The ASI2600mc and the other IMX571 cameras are, in my opinion, a significant leap forward for AP. When taken together with the new tools and processes such as; the new WBPP, NSG the Xterminator suite and others I think there has been  huge progress in our hobby in the past 18 months.

• Like 1