Adam Y Posted January 26 Share Posted January 26 Decided to go a little different direction on this one, I am trying to learn my wife's ancient Nikon D90 well enough to try to get a shot of this comet if the skies are clear. Took this last night from my back yard (bortle 4-5) with the camera and 50mm prime lens. No mods or filters. 50x3" subs, along with 25 each darks, flats, biases. No tracking so I dared not try to zoom or go much beyond 3 seconds. I tried stacking in DSS, Siril (manual process) and Siril (scripts) and had to say I preferred the stacked output of the scripts. No doubt that's because at this point it makes better choices than I do. Proceeding with the scripted stacked output, did some basic processing in Siril then star reduction and levels/curves in GIMP. The middle of the nebula is a bit blown out, but this was more an exercise in learning the camera and I didn't even expect to get this much! Next time maybe i'll take a shorter exposure of the middle bit so i can blend it in for detail. I hope that I can get a clear night when the comet is at its brightest, I'm pretty encouraged! 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.