Astrobdlbug Posted February 9 Share Posted February 9 I considered what I could image over the past week as in my region of UK we were given several clear(ish) nights but had to contend with a full moon. Although I have imaged the rosette widefield with Samyang 135mm and also a closer FOV with 106mm Astrotec, I decided that the FOV using 90mm Stellamira + FF/FR and APS-C sensor with ASI2600MM would be interesting and would accomodate what can only be described as the frilly bits around the main bright nebula. What was surprising to me when I went to process I thought I had bad gradients and/or had not filtered out all subs that had clouds as the 'background' was very 'millky' when stretched with auto STF - however it turns out that it is real dust/gas nebulosity that surrounds the rosette, so there's not actually that much deep space background in this FOV I doubt if I will get the other channels captured / completed this season as the constellations move westwards I lose visibilty due to neighbouring trees. So a 'Study' in Ha will have to do for now... So this is a 10hr 40min integration using 128 300s subs and imaged through 3nm Antlia Ha filter with 90mm APO and 0.8x FR/FF and ASI2600MM I used Pixinsight to process including all the Rus Croman Xterminator tools and some Morphological Median transform and Local Hstogram Equalisation, stretching done with GHS. Bryan 5 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.