Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Professor Pat Pending

Sonyme

Going on holiday with your family, and a dog, can put serious limitations on the amount of astronomy equipment you can take with you. So, having seen an interesting gadget advertised on the web I decided to see if I could cobble together a useful bit of kit for when space is at a premium. 

By using the Skywatcher AZ- GTI mount and tripod and adding the new RVO counterbalance and tube holder I've been able to construct a surprisingly compact rig. The rig incorporates a QHY CCD Polar Scope, Samyang F2 135mm lens and Altair GP camera. Shortly I'll be adding an ZWO ASI cooled camera which I can connect to my ZWO ASI AIR Pro smart wifi controller. I can extend the counterbalance arm and still only use the small weight supplied although it does stick out a little bit.

Truth is I haven't got a clue if this is going to work and I know I may have to try different lenses to get a reasonable result. If it works I'll let you know. ?

1809272150_TelescopeRig.thumb.jpg.954f28f25dd1d3c2654fa11ebddb267c.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...