Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Gina's Project Progress

Gina

I used to post a similar thread elsewhere but I don't feel comfortable there so reckon it may be of interest here.

Here is a short list of my current projects with state of progress, in no particular order :-

Observatory ROR remote control and automation - partly working but not finished

Widefield NB imaging rig - in use for some time with various changes.  Now being changed to give even wider FoV

GinaRep Concorde 3D Printer - been in use for some time

GinaRep Ultiprinter 3D Printer - under construction

Moon Dial Clock - being upgraded

Giant Wall Clock - finished and working

Longcase Pendulum Clock - under construction

• Like 1

Most of these projects have their own threads on here.  Now I need to see if I can link to them,

Posted by: @Gina

I used to post a similar thread elsewhere but I don't feel comfortable there so reckon it may be of interest here.

Here is a short list of my current projects with state of progress, in no particular order :-

Widefield NB imaging rig - in use for some time with various changes.  Now being changed to give even wider FoV

I'm amazed you have time for astrophotography with all these ongoing projects. ?

• Like 1

Posted by: @AstronomyUkraine
Posted by: @Gina

I'm amazed you have time for astrophotography with all these ongoing projects. ?

AP at night - partly while I sleep and projects during the daytime.  Projects proceed very slowly these days!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Guess it's time to update this as a number of things have changed.

Probably the biggest difference is that, apart for my Giant printer, I have abandoned my own 3D printers and bought the Ender v2 and the Ender 3 Max.

Here is a new list with a few items copied from the original. :-

1. Observatory ROR remote control is fully working but I would like to add a rain sensor to close the roof if it starts raining.
  2. Widefield NB imaging rig is now the turret rig.
  3. A new All Sky Camera is under construction.
  4. I want to add extra facilities to my power distribution box in the observatory, including power for my weather station.
  5. Add rain gauge to the weather station.
  6. Replace the duff LED lighting strip in the scope room.
  7. I have a DIY Fork Mount mostly built to write up on here.
  8. Thinking of a fork mount for the turret rig for star parties.
  9. Repair one or more non-working laptops.
  10. Marble Machine for fun.  Repairs required plus drive motor
  11. Moon Dial Clock - being upgraded
  12. Giant Wall Clock - finished and working
  13. Longcase Pendulum Clock - under construction
  14. Giant 3D Printer - in development.  Several versions so far
Edited by Gina
  • Like 2