Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

PHD2 Everything wrong, but...

AstronomyUkraine

Here is a screenshot of my PHD2 graph from last night. I'm delighted with the guiding, but everything is wrong. The star is saturated, the star profile goes against everything PHD2 advises, yet the star was chosen using the auto select on PHD2. Anyone have any idea what is going on, because I don't?

Guiding.thumb.jpg.44feba5bf59e0525751b830f9d72a6d8.jpg

Posted by: @KevS

That is very good guiding, my knowledge of PHD is as frustrating as yours; however, my advice would be if it works don't knock it. ? 

I remembered that happening to me but never worked out why, wouldnt do anything unless it screws up the figures.

Roger

Posted by: @AstronomyUkraine

Here is a screenshot of my PHD2 graph from last night. I'm delighted with the guiding, but everything is wrong. The star is saturated, the star profile goes against everything PHD2 advises, yet the star was chosen using the auto select on PHD2. Anyone have any idea what is going on, because I don't?

Guiding.thumb.jpg.a9e7e387f42fe0a87782c259a0c51f7e.jpg

Never seen SNR of 345 though!!!! lucky to get 30 usually.

Roger

• Like 1

Posted by: @KevS

That is very good guiding, my knowledge of PHD is as frustrating as yours; however, my advice would be if it works don't knock it.

I'll take this RMS anyday of the week. I noticed that PHD2 picks some really strange stars to guide on at times. I usually have to pick my own.

• Like 1