Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Printer recommendations?

DaveS

Looking for a beginner's printer, not too expensive (Ideally less than £300) that will give accurate parts, and doesn't need exptesive fettling to correct issues that the manufacturer should have attended to.

Just cancelled one order after watching a review video that scared me rigid.

I know lots of people who 3D print and the recommendation that comes up over and again for an inexpensive but good printer is Creality.

Thanks.

Put an order in for a Crealitity Ender 3 V2 after recommendations.

Will also look into photopolymer printing.

• Like 1

Posted by: @DaveS

Thanks.

Put an order in for a Crealitity Ender 3 V2 after recommendations.

Will also look into photopolymer printing.

Let me know how you go Dave, as originally I was going to look at a Prusa, but for my skillset I don't think I can justify the price.

Where did you order yours from?

Got it from Amazon, took two days longer than originally stated. I have it built, but I need to install the software and get the bed leveled etc.

The build wasn't too bad, but the diagrams need very close scrutiny. I had to take my glasses off to be able to get close enough to make out the important details.

Baby steps at the mo, running prints of a test object that I made in FreeCAD. Getting the extruder and bed temperatures right. Still some stringing, but that might be down to the way the slicer has organised the printing.

3D printers take a lot of setting up and getting used to.  Sometime it seems dispiriting but press on and you'll get some good results. Good luck Dave ? 

• Like 1

Trying to print my first real object designed for a purpose rather than a trial. Nothing fancy, just a plate with two cutouts and two screw holes to cover the hole where central heating pipes come into the bathroom.

Good.  Lots of practical things you can make with 3D printers.  Talking of bathrooms,. I made a replacement toilet roll holder many years ago - still going strong!

• Like 2