NGC 896 - Heart Nebula

Wyvern

Morning all, 

Some of you will have seem this one before so apologies but I thought share it yet again with a few more details. NGC 896 is probably one of my favorite large nebulae in the night's sky so it was also my first narrowband image I took once I had cobbled my kit together.

Acquisition details:

William optics GT81(2019), Flat6aiii 0.8x reducer, QHY163M camera +7x36mm filter wheel. For filters I use 3.5nm Antlia narrowband.

UDoS-3qZgLCy_16536x16536_kWXURFLk.jpg

Integration details:

28x 300s H-alpha  - Single exposure below

heart-nebula_300sec_1x1_Ha_0004-1.thumb.jpg.828a5914cbaf810f2741b0ae892da927.jpg

28x 360s Sii  - Single exposure below

heart-nebula_360sec_1x1_SII_0012.thumb.jpg.e81d4c056c407b6d8d9fbd80c5242a07.jpg

28x 360s Oiii  - Single exposure below

heart-nebula_360sec_1x1_Oiii_0006.thumb.jpg.e9759029c91b9948770de27ebaeb6a28.jpg

Combined and processed in pixinsight and polished off in photoshop.

• Like 9

WOW!!  That is superb Wyvern ?  One of the best I've seen if not the best!  That is an image to strive for - I love that nebula too and will be doing a lot more imaging of it when I can.

What capture times did you use?

• Like 1

Thank you Wyvern.  That looks tiny - I shall need my MN190 for that I think, maybe with a Barlow too.  Trouble is, there are so many DSOs I want to capture and so little clear night sky time.  I could do with another observatory and all that goes with it so that I could image more than one object at a time!  I can but dream!!  ? 

• Like 1

Posted by: @DaveS

Oh yes, that really is something special, love the colour palette, and with just 8 hours!

Thank you Dave, It is my own take on SHO standard hubble palette with a couple of modification. Once I have some more NB data to process and see if its replicable i'll make a post on here with the details.

Posted by: @Gina

Thank you Wyvern.  That looks tiny - I shall need my MN190 for that I think, maybe with a Barlow too.  Trouble is, there are so many DSOs I want to capture and so little clear night sky time.  I could do with another observatory and all that goes with it so that I could image more than one object at a time!  I can but dream!!  ? 

Isn't it just! yes I don't have near the fl for that but it just about is visible in my image so I'll content myself with that for the moment :)

• Like 1