Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Low profile focuser

PeterBolt

I've just fitted a new low profile focuser which will finally allow me to use my coma corrector.

It's all fitted perfectly but there is quite a large gap between the focuser and the tube on two sides.  As a temporary solution I have used some of the black packaging foam that came with it....but once I know it's all working I would like a more permanent solution.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or previous experience?

On 3/13/2021 at 1:28 AM, PeterBolt said:

I've just fitted a new low profile focuser which will finally allow me to use my coma corrector.

It's all fitted perfectly but there is quite a large gap between the focuser and the tube on two sides.  As a temporary solution I have used some of the black packaging foam that came with it....but once I know it's all working I would like a more permanent solution.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or previous experience?

Hello Peter....

A pic of the low profile focuser mounted on your telescope tube that shows the large gap would probably generate some excellent suggestions for you....🙂

Norm

Saipan &  Guam in the Northern Mariana Islands

Edited by Norm