April 2021 - Anybody playing today?

14 hours ago, Carastro said:

Well I have given in and I am imaging the Jellyfish, not my most favourite target but it's all that is left that is suitable for my set up and skies. 

I intend to do a Mosaic as I want to get the adjacent Nebula in for some variety in colour and to make it more interesting.  so i think I will be finishing this in 2022!!!

Lol

image.thumb.png.ce1bc9a2a0af76ef8c08d56988fac464.png

Carole 

Looks like you are winning Carole.

• Like 1
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, back on M51, aiming for 8 to 10 hours of subs in total LRGB.

Well, against my better judgement I'm taking a punt on 6 hours Luminance on M106 with the ODK12 in 10 min subs. With the Cloudwatcher monitoring the weather, and an automated roof, I should be safe fr

Well I have given in and I am imaging the Jellyfish, not my most favourite target but it's all that is left that is suitable for my set up and skies.    I intend to do a Mosaic as I want to

Posted Images

I’m finishing of the Ha on my mosaic. I have set the system to UTC(GMT) to try to cure this meridian flip problem I have which I think may be related to double summer time.

I’m fine working in UTC as the stars are still in the same place.

• Like 1

What crazy April weather today, had bright sunshine then heavy snow showers through this afternoon and we now have a fine dusting left over from that,  so here in Northants the skies have cleared, and its rather good transparancy and guiding a lot better than last night keeping below 1.0rms quite nicely.
So if all things keep in alignment I should catch another 2hrs on Jellyfish before midnight.

Tomorrow also looking quite promising - after such a poor winter season, we now get 2 and possibly 3 nights in succession...

26 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

I’m fine working in UTC as the stars are still in the same place

Agree Terry, who needs timezones when life revolves around stars 🙂

Bryan

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Transparency is excellent at the moment and getting really good guiding.

3E85E743-EF6A-4D11-B68A-A3969B2E6CB0.thumb.png.5a9aa39706638084467a003772642189.png

I see you're using 2.5s for guiding, mine looked a little iffy so I've just upped to 1.5s and it looks like an improvement.

What guide cam are you using?

5 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Well, against my better judgement I'm taking a punt on 6 hours Luminance on M106 with the ODK12 in 10 min subs. With the Cloudwatcher monitoring the weather, and an automated roof, I should be safe from any untoward events.

everything crossed for you there - if that goes to plan M106 through ODK12 will be stunning

• Like 1

Ekos is playing silly XXXXXXXXX second night on the trot.

Guiding went haywire, no clouds, no snags, nothing.

Went through the rigmarole of trying to restart the guiding and EKOS nose dived into oblivion.

Had to reboot the RPi server and restart everything again.

Another issue I'm having is once a filter sequence has finished, the next sequence stalls and I have to turn the camera cooler off to let it warm a fraction then the next filter sequence will start. Only trouble is now that its so cold out the camera isn't warming up so I have to abort, set the sequence temps lower then try to restart.

• Sad 2

I went for my 2nd Pfizer jab today and felt very tired this evening, so went to bed and only just woken up.

My target has "gone to bed" and it's VERY cold out there, so taking a rain check tonight, or should I say snow check - lol.  Not looked outside but we had a flurry of snow earlier.

Carole 

1 hour ago, MarkAR said:

Went to bed around 2.30 am letting the Ha run till dawn. Came down this morning to find that Ekos had aborted the sequence after the first 10 minute sub. No idea why as guiding was 0.55RMS, no cable snags, nothing.

I have Astroberry all set up on a RPi 4. Been playing around with to get used to the different layout etc. Have it hardwired running from KStars on my PC, was going to set up on my scope, but after seeing the problems one or two members are experiencing lately, will hold off a bit until they are sorted out.

4 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Good call Brian. I have a few things to work through including resetting the mount to factory defaults to rule out any issue with hardware as nobody else from such a wide userbase has reported the issue I saw which makes it non-systemic.

I updated Astroberry today, using the usual commands in the terminal. That was a disaster, Astroberry just froze, and I couldn't reconnect to the server once I had rebooted the RPi. I ended up flashing the drive again, so no big problem as I'm only running simulators at the moment.