Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hello from South Wales

paraman

Welcome. Just joined myself and I seem to recognise your title from The Shed. It seems there’s new members joining all the time.

4 minutes ago, Martin Knight said:

Welcome. Just joined myself and I seem to recognise your title from The Shed. It seems there’s new members joining all the time.

Hi Martin I was one of the shed Mods, more accurately probably the only active one.

• Like 1

Well that explains it and thanks for all you did on the Shed.

I think there’s a few of us here for the same reason. My name on the Shed was ‘Marmot’ and I am trying to get that included in my title here so one or two people may recognise me.

martin (AKA Marmot)

Hi Paraman, I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten your real name.  

Pleased to see you here.  Very sad about Dion his wife and the Shed, but quite understandable but he kept the Shed running far longer than he wanted to to keep everyone happy.

This is a very friendly site, and still growing.  Hope you enjoy it.  I hope to get back to imaging again next month, but have run out of targets I can do from Bortle 8 (during lockdown).  

Are you still looking after animals?

Carole 

1 hour ago, Carastro said:

Hi Paraman, I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten your real name.  

Pleased to see you here.  Very sad about Dion his wife and the Shed, but quite understandable but he kept the Shed running far longer than he wanted to to keep everyone happy.

This is a very friendly site, and still growing.  Hope you enjoy it.  I hope to get back to imaging again next month, but have run out of targets I can do from Bortle 8 (during lockdown).  

Are you still looking after animals?

Carole 

Hiya Carole, it's Roger.  I dont work with the collection that you saw, but still with animals, 8 dogs, 2 Raccoons and I co own a boarding cattery with my wife Annie here in Wales.

• Like 1

That's it, Roger,

Still a lot of animals to look after though.  It's enough work with one lunatic dog, who will dig the garden, we had to put chicken wire down on the lawn to stop her digging any more holes in it and repair the holes at the same time all in a freezing cold January, so had to do it in winter coats and wellies or there would have been no lawn left.  

Put in a gate to stop her getting to the far end or she will  dig all the plants out of the pots.

Recreational barking at anything that moves, foxes, pigeons, cats, squirrels, the postman etc etc.   But she's lovely with it (Border Collie). 

I still fondly remember the Coatis and Armadillos. they were definitely attached to your good self.  

Carole 

Edited by Carastro

Roger, You were one of the first people to welcome me to the Shed about 7 yrs ago. Perhaps we can catch up on old stories. I have a book with names. David is on top, then you, then Pat, then Sara, then Carole. then 60 more names. Bring back a few memories. 🙂