Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

sky adventure 2i wifi pro ( clouds and rain included in the package )

gabs

Hello beautiful people,

I am very glad to introduce my last purchase to this forum.

I found at very reasonable price a new star adventure 2i wi fi pack include tripod from a small shop in London.

Unfortunately it seems that I won't be able to use it soon, as clouds and rain will be over head for the next days maybe weeks 😞

Last night I took a chance to take it outside just to see if I could manage to align with Polaris . The operation was smooth until I added the weight of camera counterweight and bracket which moved the alignment with the result to do the operation again but the clouds were already behind the corner.

I was expected to get the shutting cable included in the pack, but is not a big deal as the cost is £ 10 ish.

I hope to use it soon and share nice pics here.

gabs.

IMG_4134[1].JPG

Edited by gabs
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marmot said:

I look forward to seeing your first results.

Thanks,

I hope it will come soon! 

1 hour ago, gabs said:

Hello beautiful people,

I am very glad to introduce my last purchase to this forum.

I found at very reasonable price a new star adventure 2i wi fi pack include tripod from a small shop in London.

Unfortunately it seems that I won't be able to use it soon, as clouds and rain will be over head for the next days maybe weeks 😞

Last night I took a chance to take it outside just to see if I could manage to align with Polaris . The operation was smooth until I added the weight of camera counterweight and bracket which moved the alignment with the result to do the operation again but the clouds were already behind the corner.

I was expected to get the shutting cable included in the pack, but is not a big deal as the cost is £ 10 ish.

I hope to use it soon and share nice pics here.

gabs.

IMG_4134[1].JPG

Nice shed to convert to a roll off top observatory😀

Roger

21 minutes ago, ApophisAstros said:

Nice shed to convert to a roll off top observatory😀

Roger

ahaha Roger yes I agree unfortunately there are 2 very tall building around you wont' see too much there!

but i have two open sides north and south..so maybe one day...

Edited by gabs

2 hours ago, gabs said:

You should always polar align with the full rig assembled on the mount. It might seem easier to polar align with no weight on the mount, but for the reasons you mention, you would have to repeat the operation due to the extra weight being added.

1 minute ago, AstronomyUkraine said:

You should always polar align with the full rig assembled on the mount. It might seem easier to polar align with no weight on the mount, but for the reasons you mention, you would have to repeat the operation due to the extra weight being added.

I am just watching a tutorial as I fully need to understand the mechanism to calibrate and align with all the gear add on the mount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carastro said:

Well done so far Gabs.

Carole 

Thank you Carole!