Welcome to Backyard Astronomy Space - please register to gain access to all of our features. Click here for more details. ×
SmallWorldsForum Microscopy and macro photography - a companion forum to BYA ×

Hello from West Oxfordshire

William Shaw

So I’ve posted a couple of images here but never introduced myself. I live in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds and am lucky to have Bortle 4-5 skies at home. I’m a semi retired former Professor of Mathematics and as interested in how my gear works as much as taking pictures. I run a Sharpstar 61EDPHII, an APM 107/700 and have just upgraded to a C8 SCT. So I image at 265/335mm, 525/700mm and 1450/2030mm. I use a lot of Altair gear for imaging, especially the 26C. Mount is IOptron CEM40. 

Hi William, welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got a decent range for imaging.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, MarkAR said:

Hi William, welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got a decent range for imaging.

Thanks. Took me a while to realise just how much the scale of objects varied, and settled on two 2x ish factors for deep sky. I go down to 14mm for Milky Way. I have to set up and take down every night anyway so there is little swap overhead. 

• 2 weeks later...